Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Well you 'bout to pop! You got twins in there?"

That is what the lovely worker at Crescent City Beignets had to say to me yesterday- I just laughed and said Nope, just one big one!  I'm not sure what in their right mind makes people think that's appropriate to just say to someone (no this is not the first time I've gotten the twins question), but I think it's pretty funny, and I guess that's what I get for piggin' out on beignets when I'm 8 1/2 months preggo! 

With that being said,  I think it's safe to say, that within the next week and a half, we should for sure have a new arrival!  I am due August 31st, but my doctor said she would be ok taking him a week early, which would be Wednesday, the 24th.  At my appointment last Thursday, I was a little dilated and measuring ahead, sooooo, we are sort of hoping something will happen this week or maybe she'll schedule an induction when I go back this Thursday for my 38 week appointment!  It is a very odd feeling knowing the days as the two of us are limited, and trying to decide what to do with our time - eeekkkkk!  We've had a very fun last few weeks though, trying to meet up with as many friends as possible while we can!  Unfortunately, teachers do go back to work tomorrow, and I'm going to try to stick it out a few days so I don't have to start using my leave time just quite yet.  I think it's more of a liability having me at school though walking around the hallways, so I wouldn't be surprised if my principal just told me to stay home once she sees this belly and my swollen feet!  :)  We'll keep you posted on Chunk's arrival!

P.S. - big shoutout to my Mom/Grammy Bear for hanging out all weekend and helping to clean/organize our house while I loafed around and Matt played in a golf tournament, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment