Thursday, August 25, 2011

this baby's never going to come...

I mean, I know he will really come eventually, but right now I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!  We went to the doctor today, fully expecting that I would have dilated enough for my induction that was scheduled for Monday, but nope, nada is going on!  Grrrr...

I know everyone says "you should just enjoy this time" but I can't really do that because:
a. I'm so uncomfortable every split second of the day
b. It's scary to drive anywhere with a belly that almost touches the steering wheel
c. It's so flippin hot outside to even go anywhere
d. I get so out of breath walking/talking/doing anything
e. My feet and legs are so swollen I look like a hobbit!

So I would be a happy camper if this precious little boy would just hurry up and come.  Right now the plan is to go back one more time Monday - if I haven't dilated any, we will be scheduling a c-section.  If I have dilated at least 1 cm, she can strip my membranes (eeeekkkk!), and we will see what happens after that, but one way or the other she wants him out by Thursday - 1 day past my due date - since he's looking like a big boy.  Sooo, we'll just wait and see what she says Monday I guess!  If you have any ideas or magical powers, send em my way!

This will probably be my last document picture :) 38 1/2 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment