Tuesday, March 1, 2011

pink or blue?

No, no, we have not yet found out what baby Turner will be... but it's ALL I can think about!  (And of course what everyone asks about!)  We have an appointment set for April 13th, and that should be the day in which we will finally know! 

Initially, Matt and I both thought girl... but my sister is VERY certain it's a boy.  I just did some of the 'old wives tales' quizzes online, and they are coming back for a girl, but only by 10%-15%!!!  I'm sure they are just a bunch of bologna, and considering they have a 50% chance of being correct, you can't take it too seriously, but they're still fun to do.  We could get an ultrasound done in 2-3 weeks and try to find out the gender earlier, but we've decided to wait until April because I know the MINUTE we find out, myself, my Mom, and Matt's Mom will all head straight to a store/online site to start buying stuff - and I'd like to delay the spending for as long as I can!  Plus, I will have all summer off to get ready for baby, so I have lots of time to research and get ideas.

I did find this picture when I first found out that I was pregnant, and I instantly fell in love with it for a girls nursery - I am obsessed with everything 'bird' lately!


I want to make it more of a room with cute decorations and art, rather than focus on a certain theme, and think this picture is just so precious, plus it has so many pretty colors to incorporate into bedding, rugs, and accents!  Plus, this artist has many other prints that I'm also in love with for boys - this could mean trouble!

So, what is your prediction?  Boy or Girl??  Place your vote on the poll on the right side of my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that painting too- I looked at it for Helen's room since we had a cherry blossom theme going. I always thought it'd be pretty to do a girl's room with an unexpected wall color like turquoise. (i had this picture torn out as one of my inspirations http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurcoc/ -we ended up going with another look but still love that one!)

    I'm going to guess girl! ;) wishing you the best- can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture, and oh what a precious one to do a nursery from. I cannot wait to find out, I am going to say girl...but I may just be baised;) SO exciting!!

    ReplyDelete