That's what I keep asking myself everyday, but it's the only thing that helps! Our family has been in Destin this week, and before we came we thought the biggest problem would be the possible oil spill ruining our fun... but that turned out okay with beautiful beaches and bright sun, and our real problem was a week with Lauren and Blake!!! AAAHHHHH! I've always known they were a handful, but I was not prepared to spend 7 days, 24 hours a day with them, being woken up before 7:00 every morning while they run around yelling "heeellllooooooooo!" in this new funny voice. Lauren has always been dramatic, and Blake a big whiner, so I've resorted to saying things like " L/B, the neighbors called and said if you don't stop doing xyz they are going to call the police and we will have to go to jail" or "L/B, Mr. Alan (the owner of the house we are staying in) said that if you mess anything up he is going to be very upset and will not let us ever come back here." Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's worth a try! Of course I love them so much and they are so precious that I can't stay away for long even when they are being super big pests. Our two saviours have been the pool and Finding Nemo. I really think Blake is part fish, and could swim for days. He loves jumping in, being thrown up in the air, and jumping off shoulders, or taking train rides - which means Lauren and Blake are both stacked on mine or my Dad's back, chugging around the pool! We went to Target mid-week and Allison bought them Finding Nemo, and now they have watched it about 27 times - thank God for that! We head back to Texas later today, and I am sad to leave the beach and hanging out with the family, but excited to get back to my house and Matty! Also, my friend Jen Mock and I are going to test the waters at an introduction class to Crossfit tomorrow - a workout program we've heard is reallllyyy hard, but we're really motivated to do it, so please say a pray we survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment