Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

 Last year on this day, I was impatiently waiting for Matt to get home from work.  I was ready to hit the road to Jacksonville for Christmas, but I also had some BIG news to share with him.  I will never forget December 23rd for the rest of my life, and it makes me laugh thinking back to that day!  He kept getting stuck at work, call after call, saying he'd be home soon.  I was pacing around the house, trying to figure out how to tell him just a few weeks after we got married that I was pregnant - yikes!!  I had no clue either how he was going to react, and considering I was still in shock myself, I figured this was going to be a pretty interesting 3 hour drive to start our first Christmas together!

Luckily all panned out as perfect as could be, and here we are a year later in the same spot - waiting for Matt to get home from work again, ready to hit the road to Jacksonville, but this time with a little Chubbs in tow!  Traveling with a baby now is a much different story - our car load has at least doubled, and we have to factor in feedings and all that fun jazz, oh boy!  We're heading to Jacksonville to spend Christmas Eve with Matt's family, and then we will leave early Christmas morning to drive to College Station to see my family - a lot of driving, but the best of both worlds!

I still can't believe we have a precious 4 month old little man, and I'm so excited for his first Christmas, even though he'll have no clue what is going on.  I hope each of you has a wonderful Christmas - enjoy this special time with your family and friends, there is so much to be thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment