Monday, September 5, 2011

almost 1 week!

Wow, I can't believe tomorrow we will have a 1 week old - oh my!  This time last week, Matt and I were at PF Chang's pigging out on our last meal pre-child, and gearing up for a trip to the hospital in the morning.  We went to the hospital at 10:30 AM Tuesday morning, with a C-section scheduled for 12:30.  It is a VERY weird feeling just going to the hospital and knowing you will have a child at a certain point - no water breaking, rushing to the hospital, false labor and getting sent home, you just show up, and wham! baby comes out.  My doctor said some people liken it to just buying a baby at Target, so I guess it's a good thing I practically live at Target! 

They took me back first to get my epidural and everything in place, and then they brought Matt in right when things were getting started.  My doctor had previously thought he was around 9 lbs., then once things started she changed to 9 1/2 lbs, then a few minutes later he had arrived and the official weight was 10 lbs., 2 ounces - BIG BOY!  The nurses had also given their estimate before surgery, and everyone in there was shocked to see him!  It's been quite a joke because SO many random people have just flat out asked if I was having twins - aka calling me a biiiiiig momma.  Even the receptionist at the doctor's office asked that too the day before I had him, and you would *think* with her seeing pregnant people every day she knows the correct etiquette and not to ask that, but nope.  I was glad to see that big healthy boy and know why I was in so much pain with huge swollen feet the last few weeks! :)  They cleaned up our pumpkin and brought him around for me to see - what a special feeling, he was so flippin cute!  They took a few pics of Matt, Braden and I, then whisked him out to the nursery for whatever they do next, while I was moved to recovery.

The next few hours (or days!) are quite a blur.  We finally made it to a room I guess an hour or two later?!  Our parents were obviously there - and kept making frequent trips to the nursery to see him get a bath and peek through the windows!  My sister and Matt's sister and brother-in-law came to visit too, so we finally got the chunk back in our room for everyone to hold and squeeze those precious, chubby cheeks!  I can't really remember much after that, but Mr. B had quite a few friends come the next few days, so THANK YOU to those special friends in our lives, I love y'all very much!  We were released Friday and headed home, and it wasn't as scary as I had anticipated.  My Mom helped us get settled and had the house all straightened up, plus food shopping done, so that was a big help! 

We've had some more sweet friends come over this weekend to visit and bring us food - mmmmmmm! It's been so much fun and it's really made our lives a lot easier!  Jen and Wes brought over El Tiempo Saturday night, and it was just what I needed after a week of hospital food.  Plus, my sweet friend Amy set up a care calendar for friends to bring over dinner a few times a week, so tonight we are about to chow down on Mexican Lasagna courtesy of Mrs. Dani Cronauer!  Matt heads back to work tomorrow, so my Mom is coming in bright and early to take Braden and I to a doctor's appointment, and stay most of the week to help me adjust.  He had a slight case of Jaundice when we left the hospital, so he's been stuck on this funny glow worm bed all weekend, and hopefully won't have to use it that much longer!

We've had quite a few funny moments getting used to a newborn at home, and it's so fun to navigate this with my best friend and hubby.  We are so in love with Braden and I just want to kiss him every second I'm holding him!  I get up to check on him 8,000 times a night, even though I have a monitor and can see exactly what he's doing, but I just can't help myself!  Hopefully this slows down or I will not be able to function without very much sleep. :)

I have to brag on my wonderful Hubby - he is SO good with Braden, it just melts my heart!  I'm so thankful for him and all his work this week while I haven't been up to par.  He has diaper changing and burping Braden down to a T, and I really need to take notes!  It is so cute that Braden is literally a mini-me of Matt, and I know they are going to have so much fun with sports, hunting, and hanging out through out the years!

I've gone a little crazy taking pictures as I'm sure every new Mom does, so I'll just post a few of my favs from the last week :)














I know I'm a little biased, but he's pretty dang cute. :)

1 comment:

  1. He sure is "pretty dang cute!" You're super mommy for carrying him that long...but they always say, the bigger the baby, the better they sleep! Hope it's true :)

    ReplyDelete