Monday, July 11, 2011

chunk.

Last Thursday, I had my 32 week/final ultrasound of our little man... crazy to think next time we see him, it will be for real and in person, aahhhhhh!  Matt, my parents, Matt's Mom, and his sister Laura, all ventured out to attend our appointment.  The first time we went in for an ultrasound was to find out the gender, and we had to wait almost 2 hours before I was finally called back - completely obnoxious when everyone under the moon knows you are finding out that morning and is waiting for an update!  So after last experience, I warned them it could be a long wait, and no doubt the same thing happened again - over 3 hours later and we finally got to see Mr. B!  Here are a few pics of our precious boy :)


Sporting a little mullet in the back!

 Can you SEE those chubby cheeks?

Profile shot :)

The doctor came in to check out all the measurements, and said we had a 5 lb. baby in there, yikes!  Then we might have snuck open the doctor report he gave us, :) and saw that he was really measuring 5 lb. 3 oz., double yikes!  Needles to say, his nickname has now gone from Peanut to Chunk, and my doctor said we should be ready at least a week early in case he's ready to make an appearance!  The last 7 1/2 months have flown by, so I'm sure these next 6-7 weeks will too!  I can't complain since I'm on summer break and don't exactly have much to do, but I do have to figure out how to write sub plans for the 10-12 weeks I'm planning to take off, and get everything in order since it doesn't look like I'll be starting the school year at all.

Ooops, and talking about school, I just realized I never posted pics of the precious baby shower my class gave me right before school ended!  When they kept asking if we could have one, I really tried to put it off seeing as there is so much to get done at the end of the year, but they literally wouldn't stop harassing me about it!  I finally agreed, and the girls formed a 'PPC' (Party Planning Committee) and they seriously outdid themselves.  We had decorations, food, presents, cake, and games with prizes - it was crazy!  They had a giant cloth diaper that was passed around to the next person who said "baby", diapers filled with lovely melted candy bars that we had to sniff and guess, a baby food eating contest, and a few others silly games - too cute.


 Yummy!

 Sash one of the girls made that says 'precious baby boy'





 Sweet kiddos

 Please notice how I made them put 'No cuss songs' on the board - ha!

All of the girls got to sit at the 'head' table since they did all the work :)


Serious game time here!

I also just saw this picture which made me crack up... I guess it's the first belly shot I made Matt take... I do remember my jeans were super tight to where I almost couldn't button them and it was only around 6 weeks, but I can't believe I thought I had a belly then, seeing the real belly I have now!



No comments:

Post a Comment