My appointment was at 8:30, which should have been one of the first appointments of the day. My doctor told me to plan to be there at least 2 hours, but of course I thought that was probably for people who showed up late in the afternoon when things had gotten super crazy and backed up, and showing up at 8:30 it would be a quick deal - boy was I wrong! Matt and I sat in the waiting room for about an hour and half, playing on our phones, me feeling like I was going to puke from all the excitement, calling/texting our families, each time having to disappoint that no, it was not THE call yet... I was going crazy!
Finally a little before 10:00 they called me back, and said they would come back for Matt. They took me to a dressing room to change into a gown, and then sat me in another waiting room full of ladies... from one waiting room to another, seriously?! I sat there for probably another 20 minutes, and then bam, my name was called! She took me back and at first I was alone in the room while the ultrasound tech got to work and took A LOT of pictures... probably 50-60, telling me each time what she was looking at, getting measurements and checking that everything looked good and healthy. This took about 20 minutes, and I knew Matt was probably texting me, wondering why I wasn't replying, and worrying that they were going to reveal the gender without him!
She finally went to get Matt, and with him in the room she went through the whole ordeal again, pointing out everything for Matt to see - at least point I was ready to scream and just wanted to know! I can't even remember how, but she finally let us know that we were having a BOY! OMG! I looked at Matt as I started to laugh AND cry, and he had the biggest grin on his face- it was such a special moment! A doctor came in to do a second look over and make sure everything looked good, and then we were free to go share the news, hooray! We stepped outside the building, and of course each started to call our parents and siblings, which was so much fun. It all seems like a blur now, and I guess nothing can prepare you for those first few moments when you find out what your child will be, and how exciting it is to know what you have created!
Unfortunately, Matt had to get right back to work, and I had a doctor's appointment upstairs in the building that I had to run to, so we only had a few minutes to celebrate before we each had to run different directions. My parents were already coming in town to see some friends that night, so we met for lunch at City Centre to celebrate and start thinking about life with a little boy, and how much fun it will be. I know my immediate thoughts went to dressing a boy - polo's, khaki's, seersucker, little tiny boat shoes - and Matt's went to golf, hunting, football, etc. etc.! We are super excited and can't wait to meet our little man in 4-5 months!


Congrats Jilly! So exciting...a boy! I can't believe you are about to be a mommy!
ReplyDelete