I swear, that was the quickest month ever! I feel like the last two months have flown by since the wedding, and we are finally getting settled in to married life and recovering from the honeymoon, holidays, and going back to work - ugh! I guess I shouldn't complain that January flew by, considering that means I'm one month closer to summer break, waahhhoooo! I'm pretty lucky that I found a career that I love, that gives us oodles of holidays and breaks, because I just wouldn't survive without my beloved days off.
Speaking of days off, it was so fun to get a 'snow day' on Friday, even though all we received was some lousy ice, gggrrrrrr. I love cold weather, but don't tease me that we're going to get snow all week and then not produce it, that's just cruel! I used the day to sleep in, venture out to the do-nut store once the roads warmed up, and then we headed to CS for the weekend. As soon as we pulled up at Allison's, Blake ran outside to tell me they had a present for me - score! Unfortunately, my 'present' was a sandbox full of snow they had packed so that Matt and I could still see it when we got in town... how thoughtful of the kids! My parents came over for dinner as well, then Matty Pie and I were in charge of bath time, which is always a chore, but I love those little munchkins so much!
Saturday we had a FUN day - our friends Jen and Wes met us at our favorite restaurant in town, Wings N More, for lunch, then we headed to the A&M vs. Baylor basketball game. We hadn't been to a game in a looong time, so it was fun to go back, but ultimately made us feel SUPER old seeing all the now college kids walking around, that looked about 15 years old! After an overtime loss, we headed to Northgate, and sat at the Corner Bar and played spades for a few hours - which I'm sure made us look even older, playing cards at a bar in the afternoon!
While we were at the game, my parents had gone to meet a breeder about a potential new doggie - and it luckily came home with them! They got the cutest little black and white Havanese puppy, who has the nicest little personality and loved giving us kisses and being snuggled with! After we played with him for a while, we met Matt's sister Laura and her husband for dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and then we all went up to the club in my parents neighborhood and sat around the fire pit and hung out - perfect end to the weekend!
I'm excited things are about to pick-up, with a trip to Jacksonville in a few weeks, weddings for our friends Brittany and Mikey, and Hillary and Garrett coming in March... plus a few birthday parties for some little ones. I'm ready for Spring to be here - glad Mr. Groundhog didn't see his shadow!
Wedding in Texas - Part 2
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment